Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Syria Fundraising Update

Wow. I have been totally blown away.  My friends and family have been SO generous.

A few weeks ago I set a goal of raising $360 for refugees in Syria rather than receiving gifts.  I shared my heart for the need that Syrian refugees are in (read about it here) and I asked for others to come alongside this passion. 

You responded and gave! And I far exceeded my original goal thanks to your generosity! But my birthday hasn't come yet, and I'm still asking for more.  I raised my goal to $1200, which would be enough money to provide food and medicine for 60 children for a month. 

It's easy to just give money towards a cause and then forget about it later.  But I'm wishing and hoping that as you feel led to donate, that you are standing up and saying "ENOUGH." And I'm hoping that you know that this is investing in the lives of others around this world who need our help. 

Visit http://worldhelp.net/Syria to watch videos, read stories, and understand more about the crisis and what to do. Thank you for so generously giving your money, heart, and prayers. 


Pictures from http://blog.worldhelp.net/2013/08/syria-chemical-warfare-waged-on-the-innocent/

No comments:

Post a Comment