Monday, September 16, 2013

A good case of the Mondays

Can I just share something?

Today was a really great day. Not necessarily because my circumstances were awesome, but for the first time in a long, dry season that's been lasting months, I could actually recognize how good the Lord is and how sweet His blessings are.

My day shouldn't have started off well.  I went to bed REALLY late the night before doing laundry, and then woke up naturally on my own before my alarm went off.  But I wasn't cranky waking up. I finished the laundry from the night before, had a big cup of coffee, and even had time for some oatmeal. I spent quality time reading my Bible and in prayer for the first time in a week. Just that alone is enough to set my week off on the right foot.

Then, I walked to Convocation listening to one of my favorite sermons on my iPod. I was offered free coffee from my coworkers in the Center for Global Engagement as I was on my way to buy my own cup of coffee.  I got to hear a new worship song in Convo that moved me to tears, and then listened to a wise, challenging, and encouraging message from one of the greatest theologians of my generation.  I had a long day at work, but it was filled with meaningful conversations and tasks that are important for sending people to the mission field. 

I enjoyed relaxing time reading and napping in my hammock for the first time this school year.  I got to watch the beginnings of a beautiful sunset and feel a cool autumn breeze.  I had a picnic outside with dear friends and got to eat home cooked dinner.  I still felt His peace through multiple meetings throughout my night, and am currently so content under my warm comforter in my air conditioned room.

Monday was SO good. I'm sure that one day I'll write a post about how everything in my day went wrong, but today was just not one of those days, and I want to celebrate that. 

I think we have to learn to recognize Him in the things that seem little to us before we realize He's there in the big stuff too.  Count your blessings today. Live aware of the sweet blessings He's giving you. They're everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment